Are you ready to discover an oasis known for its distinctive atmosphere and secluded Caribbean feel? While St. Thomas only measures about 32 square miles, it's packed with plenty of opportunities and scenic beauty for its visitors. Here, you can enjoy anything from snorkeling and diving to shopping and exploring. Check out these top eight tips if you are vacationing in St. Thomas.
- Since St. Thomas is a U.S. Territory, no passport is needed! There are plenty of shopping and dining options. If you are renting a car, remind them that the driving is on the left so be very careful.
- Be sure to take advantage of all of the islands that surround you. Take a day trip to St. John via the ferry. You can even take a helicopter to the BVIs! My family LOVES St. Thomas and the cluster of islands that surround it.
- I definitely recommend going to the Mountain Top. It's a great tourist attraction and people absolutely love it. The views are simply spectacular. You have to have one of their infamous Banana Daiquiris. This is also a good place to get all of your gifts and trinkets as there is a large variety to choose from. Also be sure to eat local foods, veer off the beaten path a little bit and connect with the people. They are super friendly.
- I recommend taking a ferry to St John. It is very relaxing, swimming at some of the best beaches and usually lunch is included.
- Sunbathing on the beaches isn’t the only way to enjoy the water! Have your clients try the BOSS submersible scooters! Everyone we've recommended this excursion to has raved about it afterwards!
- Go shopping! There are plenty of great bargains on most name brand cosmetics, jewelry, perfumes and electronics. Also, there are lots of neat restaurants to choose from. Diving is fantastic! The beaches and the water are beautiful and breathtaking!
- There are so many things to do; snorkel with sea turtles at Coki Beach, go up to Blackbeard’s castle and get an outstanding view of the Virgin Islands, or rent a jeep and explore the islands at your own pace!
- The Beaches are fabulous! Become a "beach bum." Explore the many surrounding islands; St. John is a hop away, visit the British West Indies (passport is required), Jost Van Dyke or Spit Island on a day trip on your own private yacht! Just be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen!
With so much to do, planning the perfect St. Thomas vacation can be overwhelming. Luckily, that’s where we come in! For more St. Thomas inspiration, check out the island’s destination page before booking to this tropical island paradise.
This article was reposted from VAXVacationAccess dated March 1, 2019.